Tuesday, November 13, 2007

About: This Blog

Let me throw up two more initial posts to get this blog off the ground. First, this one, about the blog. This will be short because I'm not a huge fan of formalities; I'm really not a formal guy, even though I am definitely a little on the pretentious side. Anyway, this blog doesn't have a grand purpose. I just like to talk about beer, and I like sharing the experience. I'll be mixing tasting notes posts, like the first one, with posts about beer bars that I visit, and other beer-related posts about parties and stories and people. I reserve the right to interject occasional posts about coffee, tea, and wine as well, but I can't be sure how often that will happen. Mostly, though, for better or for worse, this blog will be about the beer, because that's what motivates me. I'm going to throw in some hugely subjective ratings, as well; these are going to be extraordinarily picky, and a beer that may otherwise seem phenomenal may get only a 6 or 7 from me. But I insist there's a difference between the beers that get a 7 and those that get an 8... and you can trust me that 9's are absurdly good, and I will reserve 10 for my favorites in each category.

No comments: